Nomad hacked

Anything not XRP Ledger related
Miami

Nomad hacked

If you don't know, Nomad is a blockchain bridge that was recently hacked. The hackers got in and stole millions of dollars. I have concerns about Nomad's primary strategy for recouping those funds. They're hoping that by creating a wallet and telling the community that if you possess the stolen crypto and return 90% of it, then you're fine. There'll be no questions asked. The thief won't be investigated. It's all good. Won't that encourage more hacking in the future? After all, 10% of millions is still a nice chunk of change.
Jupiter

Re: Nomad hacked

Although I haven't seen much about it, I'm guessing that they're just hoping to limit their losses anyway that they can. And can you blame them? Cyber threats have been brutal this year.
The Resolver

I'm with you, Miami, it seems like a bad idea that will just encourage more hackers to take a shot at Nomad. I don't know what they were thinking.
gable589

I don't believe that's their only strategy to retrieve the stolen money. Plus, it could be useful to turn an attacker into a white hat hacker who probes for weaknesses in Nomad's code. If they report the bugs and holes, it gives Nomad a chance to fix them before a nefarious person can attack.